The following information covers the importance of home-school cooperation and participation, non-discrimination, the enrollment of new students, and the readiness of kindergarten and preschool students for enrollment in school. We would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you about becoming a part of our school family. Please contact us today!
COOPERATION AND PARTICIPATION
Before parents or guardians enroll a child at King of Kings Lutheran School, they are required to agree to the following provisions:
- Parents or guardians are willing to have their child(ren) instructed in the doctrines of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
- Children are strongly encouraged to participate in school activities and scheduled singing in church services throughout the year.
- The children of the upper grades are instructed in the teachings of Luther’s Catechism, which prepares them for confirmation.
- All non-WELS/ELS members are required to attend a series of three 45- minute Bible information classes. At least one of the parents or guardians of the child must attend within a few months of the date of enrollment. It is of great benefit for the parents or guardians of the students of King of Kings to be familiar with the spiritual instruction their children are receiving.
- Parents or guardians of enrolled children agree to abide by the policies set forth in this handbook.
- All parents or guardians of children enrolled at King of Kings are expected to cooperate with all teachers, to be responsible for the actions of their children by encouraging them to participate and cooperate in school events, and pay all required fees.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY
King of Kings Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies and athletic or other school administered programs.
ENROLLMENT FOR NEW STUDENTS
To enroll your child at King of Kings, do the following:
- Read through the School Handbook in its entirety.
- Arrange for an appointment with the Principal.
- Bring along recent academic records such as report cards and birth certificates.
Enrollment is not finalized until all paperwork is turned in. The School Administration Team has the final say in regard to any applications for enrollment. The School Administration Team reviews the enrollment request of special cases where the required tuition cannot be paid because of limited income.
If classroom size limits become an issue, the following prioritization takes effect:
- Children of King of Kings members
- Children of other WELS congregations and congregations in fellowship with the WELS
- Children of un-churched parents
- Children whose parents are members of other Christian churches
KINDERGARTEN AND PRESCHOOL READINESS
Children who are three years old and toilet-trained are eligible for enrollment in our preschool program. Children who are five years old on or before September 1 are eligible for kindergarten enrollment. A readiness survey may be given to a prospective kindergartner to help determine development, which is more important than age. California state law requires a physical examination, dental check, and vaccination records before enrollment in any school. Contact our school office for these forms.
In an effort to keep costs down and enable school families to give back and support their school, families receiving tuition discounts are required to complete twenty service hours during the school year. A calendar and list of service opportunities is provided at registration to enable you to choose when and what you would like to do to fulfill your family’s hourly requirements. If you are unable to complete your service hours requirement, you may buy out your hours at the rate of $50 per hour. If by the end of the school year you do not complete your service hours, you are required to pay for those hours at the rate of $50 per hour.